Device tree recommendations

Hello everyone. After reviewing the pocket p.c. github, i noticed the device tree sources have yet to be created specifically for the pocket p.c. And since the device layout across the various busses on the a64 are unique to the pocket p.c., i plan on forking one of the existing a64 device tree sources and modifying it to suite how the pocket p.c. is designed. This being said, my experience lies primarily in software, and although the pcb designs have all been published, if volunteers from the community could use this thread to layout which componants are connected to which busses, it will make creating a new device tree much more straight-forward. Thank you for your time and consideration,
Idle

1 Like

Hi @Idle,

Thanks for your interest in helping out with Pocket P.C.'s software.

Our initial device tree for Pocket P.C. was submitted to this branch:

A completed device tree will be added once our software developers get the new hardware in their hands and have some time to run some tests.

1 Like

Fantastic. I’ll have to play around with a temporary config for the lcd until the updated device tree is pushed out. I can’t wait to see the operating systems roll out in the near future. :smiley:

1 Like

Hello again all. I was hoping someone could shine some light on how the lcd is hooked up to the A64. I’m assuming the lcd is driven by a dedicated i.c., although i wouldnt know if that driver is integrated in the lcd module or the mainboard, what bus or i/o pins is that chip connected to, and by what protocol is that chip expecting to be communicated with. I ask because i intend to develop on the pocket p.c. quite a bit, and am interested in doing more with the display than what one would get with a xorg or wayland utilizing desktop enviroment or window manager. I’m thinking something along of lines of putting together a python library to draw directly to the display rather than using a traditional display server. this could potentially cut down on cpu/gpu/ram usage, and enable some demoscene like projects in the community, as well as using the pocket p.c. like a microcontroller when a project justifies it. If someone could also link to a datasheet for said i.c., it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time once again,
Idle