Pocket P.C. Case Color Options

We had a discussion this week with the factory that will be doing the injection molding and final assembly for Pocket P.C. We were there to do design for manufacturing (DFM) and noted parts of the design that will need to change before we begin producing the injection molds. One of the points of discussion that arose from DFM was that we may want to paint the enclosure. There are a number of paint options available in addition to the standard black color. However, if we choose a different color other than black then there will be a minimum order quantity (MOQ) that would have to be met.

We won’t be able to offer clear / transparent enclosures because they would require a different finish on the mold which would more than double the cost of the molds.

The factory provided us with some example painted plastics.

We have a few questions that we put in a poll which would help us to determine if we will provide the option for a different color. There would be an additional fee for colors other than black although as of this time we haven’t determine what it would be.

Would you pay an additional fee (<$15) for a different case color other than black?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Which color would you prefer?

• Green
  • Blue
  • Red
  • White
  • Black
  • Other (post below)

0 voters

The poll closes on July 1st. Any feedback would be helpful.

1 Like

I would definitely pay for a case in one of the darker shades of purple but I’m probably an outlier with that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like orange, but i’m not paying more for it.

White would be the choice for me, less change of it heating up in the car and thus better for the long term battery life.