USB-C external Monitor

Hey folks,

Does the ARM Cortex-A53 CPU /pocket Popconr support an external Monitor on one of the USB-C ports?

Right now I am using a GPD Pocket PC and I always have a cable with me, as a monitor is available
very often…

Regrads Nils

Pocket P.C. has an HDMI output. We are currently exploring the possibility of USB-C Display Alternate Mode. After additional testing, we will confirm whether or not this feature will be present on the production version.

HDMI is completly fine…

Is there still a HDMI output planned? I dont see anything like this on the specification aspects.

Is this a hardware modification? If so is this not to late in the development stage? From what I have seen in multiple other projects usb-c is a tricky (but beautiful) thing to get perfect… But i must admit the new usb monitors are getting more attractive…

Pocket P.C. has mini HDMI output and is capable of USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode.
We specifically put an ANX6345 RGB->DP IC and associated circuitry on the board for this purpose.
Software support for this functionality may not be ready by the time we start shipping but is planned.

3 Likes

Update: We are now using ANX9807 RGB->DP IC. The ANX6345 is now obsolete. The good news is these two are pin and software compatible. The only difference is that they have different firmware internally.

Does the USB C allow for a USB multi-port adapter? So HDMI out plus, keyboard, mouse SD Card?

It should be possible to use a multi-port adapter however it is currently untested. After the next revision is manufactured then we will do further testing of this and post our results.